Wednesday 19 September 2012

Healthy Snacks!

I often get asked how I eat all the fattening and sugary filled treats on this blog without gaining weight. Well, I work out. A lot. I also only make these recipes once a month or so and the rest of the time I'm eating almost entirely healthy and keeping track of my daily vitamins and calorie intake. So to appease those looking for healthy options, here are some snacks I eat on a daily basis in addition to the usual salads, crackers, and pieces of fruit :)

Snack #1:
Cucumber slices on whole wheat crackers with fat free cream cheese. Yummmmmmmmmmm. I eat this like every day. Sometimes without crackers. Cucumbers are the best.

Snack 2: Fresh tomatoes! with salt and pepper. Bomb.com.


Snack #3: Carrots and hummus! I also dip broccoli in hummus. Hummus is amazing because it makes your veggies more exciting without adding the fat of ranch dressing :)


Snack #4 All fruit smoothie! I made this one with frozen mixed berries, a banana, nonfat milk, orange juice and ice, but I've made variations with no milk or with a peach instead of a banana, etc. :)


Snack #5: Apples with all natural peanut butter (SO MUCH BETTER than Jiff) and local farmer's market honey. Yes Please.


Seeeee I can be healthy, I can! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment