Wednesday 30 May 2012

Baked Avocado Fries

Hey Guys! Here's an awesome recipe Gianana and I decided to try from pinterest! I got the recipe from here:

Pasted here with my changes:

Ready for breading

BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
3 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges

Preheat oven to 450.


Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko. Place on a cookie sheet coated in butter for nonstick. Drizzle wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown.

   
Pre-cooking

I highly recommend them! I used Italian seasoned Panko mix from Progresso and 3 avocados, and drizzled the fries with olive oil instead of a spray. It goes great with a variety of sauces, I tried ranch, hot sauce and peppers coated in oil and all were great. The original recipe also suggests sour cream and I really want to try them with marinara. 

Pure deliciousness.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Those look delish. I bet sour cream or even a mix of sour cream and salsa would be bomb.

    ReplyDelete